The search for Alex Rider has begun...
Eleventh Hour Films and Sony Pictures Television have teamed up
to create a new TV series based on the best-selling books by Anthony Horowitz.
We're looking for a 16-20-year-old male actor who is available late February to late August 2019
with real star quality and the charisma and confidence to bring our teen hero, ALEX RIDER to life.
This is a limited opportunity for true ALEX RIDER fans.
WHO IS ALEX?
As an Alex Rider fan we are assuming you know all about the hero of the books but here are a few extra details…
- We are keen to see young actors of every ethnicity for this role from all across the UK.
- You must be legally able to work in the UK.
- You must able to display a broad emotional range in your acting and be physically fit.
SO WHAT’S NEXT?
We are asking potential "Alexes" to film themselves reading a scene from the show. To help you get into character, the scene shows Alex having just learned of his uncle’s death and trying to figure out what happened to him and why. He shares his suspicions with his best friend, Tom.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SCENE.
- There’s no need to borrow or hire a video camera. Please use a smart phone - it’s convenient for everyone.
- Learn the scene to the best of your ability.
- It would be great if you could speak with a neutral southern English accent. If not, then please use your natural voice.
- Ask a friend/parent/teacher to read the other role and hold the phone.
- Before you read the scene, tell us your name to camera.
- Your reader (the person playing ‘Tom’) should be behind the camera so we don’t see them, only you!
- Look at the reader, not at the camera.
- You need to properly ‘frame’ your film – i.e. make sure we can see from just below your shoulders to above your head.
- We MUST be able to clearly see your face and hear your voice so try and make sure you film yourself in a well-lit, quiet room (NOT outside). There should be no background music.
- Please make sure you wear a plain t-shirt, with no visible logo.
- Please make sure the camera is as still as possible – no shaking!
- Please only send us one “take”. You can film the scene as many times as you like until you’re happy with your performance – but please only send us one version.
- Once you’re happy with your selected take, you can send the audition to the casting team at email@example.com
- We recommend sending the audition directly from your phone using free file sharing service WeTransfer.
- You and your reader also need to print and sign a copy of this disclaimer. Please email a copy/photo of the signed disclaimer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your video by 11:59pm on December 9, 2018. We can’t consider any submissions made after this date.
CLICK HERE TO READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION, INCLUDING HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL BE USED.
Please note that because of the quantity of people we are seeing for this role, we will not be able to give feedback to everyone on their audition.
We will be in touch as soon as possible if you have reached the next stage but be aware this can take several months.
The most important thing is to have fun!